Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Meet Katelyn Toler

Hi, my name is Katie and this summer I will be studying abroad in the Peru program. I am an upcoming senior at VSU. I hope to graduate next May with a Spanish Degree and an ESL endorsement so that I can teach English as a second language. I am applying to the Peace Corps and hope to get placed teaching English in South or Central America.

I’m pretty stoked about this trip because it will be the first time I have been out of the country for such a long time. I have been to Costa Rica and Mexico. We will be living with host families while in Peru and I am excited to be experiencing another culture so closely. I hope to improve my Spanish greatly and to learn a ton about their customs, beliefs, etc. We will be going to see Machu Picchu and travel around to see the country.


* Katelyn is participating in a study abroad program in Lima, Peru, organized by Valdosta State University's International Programs and Modern and Classical Languages.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Katie
You are in PERU - how awesome is that!!! Photos from your trip look great - how are you adjusting to high elevation??
Dr. A. taking care of you guys?
How is the food?
Laurie