Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Meet Stephanie Brearley

Bienvenidos! Hi, my name is Stephanie and I’m a Junior here at Valdosta State University. I am majoring in Spanish and loving every minute of it! This past Spring I decided to finally sign up for the summer 2009 Study Abroad Program to Lima, Peru and surrounding areas. I am so excited to be able to explore the different cultural aspects of this wonderful country!

Our group will have the pleasure of studying at one of the oldest universities in the America’s (Universidad Nacional Mayor de San Marcos) and staying with a local host family for three weeks. After that, it’s time to discover one of the seven wonders of the world (Machu Picchu), Cusco, The Sacred Valley, Pisac Indian Market, Puno and Lake Titicaca. Needless to say, we will be having one jam packed, adventure filled month. Although at times I really wish we would be staying longer, I plan of making the most out of every moment there. Until then, I must simply wait patiently until July 4 when our plane will at last leave Atlanta.

For anyone who may be following these postings throughout my trip, I will be writing weekly (most likely more). I will also be posting pictures so you too can have a small window into my world!

With much love…Stephanie

* Stephanie is participating in a study abroad program to Peru, organized by Valdosta State University's International Programs and Modern and Classical Languages.

No comments: